Veronica ‘Sunny Border Blue’ SPEEDWELL –
With spikes of dark violet-blue flowers, This mat forming speedwell makes an attractive and long flowering edge for a sunny, well-drained herbaceous or mixed border. The genus name of Veronica ‘Sunny Border Blue’ honors Saint Veronica
A plant that is well suited to a range of situations including rockeries, as well as mixed flowering garden beds. Also perfect as an edging plant or between taller shrubs or roses.
A tough performer
This reliable beauty shrugs off frost, and will grow quite happily in dry and arid conditions. Resulting in a great water saving option. Easy to grow, requiring very low care and is fairly pest and disease-free.
– Height with flowers: 50cm approx.
– Width: 45cm approx.
– Position: Full Sun to Partial Shade
– Soil: It Prefers moist yet well drained soils. However it will tolerate a range of dry and arid conditions.
Reliable and beneficial for wildlife
– Fragrance: –
– Frost: Very Hardy.
– Growth: Herbaceous Perennial.
– Attracts: Butterflies and other beneficial pollinators.
Easy, low maintenance
– Care: An easy care and low maintenance plant that will benefit from a prune when last frost has passed. In addition it will enjoy a fertilise in early spring but isn’t necessary.
– Deer & Rabbit resistant: Known to be left alone by these nibbling enemies. It is pretty pest free in general.
– Origin: Native to Europe to Turkey, central and eastern Asia