Thalictrum aquilegifolium ‘Nimbus White’
Clouds of white fluffy flowers over summer, these turn to lavender-pink seed heads. Dark stems and soft foliage add a beautiful contrast to these delicate flowers. Thalictrum aquilegifolium ‘Nimbus White’ produces masses of fresh green leaves shaped like an Aquilegia.
Delicate but strong
A delicate tall and upright grower that tolerates summer humidity with ease. Particularly good planted under trees or amongst shrubs but no doubt will bring joy wherever it grows and blooms. The strong stems are great for cutting and make a great cut flower. That being said the soft foliage is nearly just as nice to have on display.
Growing: Thalictrum aquilegifolium ‘Nimbus White’
– Height with flowers: 80cm approx.
– Width: 50cm approx.
– Position: Partial Shade, Woodland and also Deep Shade
– Soil: It will grow quite easily in most soils but must be well drained.
– Frost: Hardy
– Growth: Herbaceous Perennial
– Attracts: Bees and also other beneficial pollinators.
– Care: Very easy care and low maintenance. Can cut right back after flowering has ended but it can also just be left to do it’s own thing and additionally self seed.
– Deer & Rabbit resistant: Luckily these nibbling pests are not interested in Thalictrum.
– Origin: The native range of Thalictrum aquilegifolium extends through Europe as well as Asia. It has also naturalised in North America.