Stokesia laevis ‘Blue Danube’
Big, fluffy violet blue flowers on 40cm stems. Compact neat plant that Blooms from mid-spring on into summer, and then repeats again in autumn. Long lasting and lovely cut flower for vases. Happy in Full Sun, Part Shade / Dappled Sun. Surprisingly hot and dry hardy once the clump is established. Stokesia laevis ‘Blue Danube’ STOKE’S ASTER is tough and easy, low maintenance plant. Water-wise and Frost hardy. Also thrives in humid and sub-tropical gardens.
Growing: Stokesia laevis ‘Blue Danube’
– Height with flowers: 60cm approx.
– Width: 45cm approx.
– Position: Full Sun, Can tolerate Partial shade may not flower as profusely.
– Soil: Well-drained soil is necessary for this plant. Very adaptable to moist or dry conditions but not standing water.
– Fragrance: None.
– Frost: Very frost hardy.
– Growth: Evergreen Perennial.
– Attracts: Butterflies absolutely adore the landing pad flowers supplied by Stokesias. They also attract bees and other pollinators.
– Care: Keep new plants watered after planting. Minimal care is needed once established in the garden. Can dead-head readily for repeat, fresh blooms.
– Deer & Rabbit resistant: Unpalatable and resistant to such animal pests.
– Origin: Native to the south-eastern United States.