This is the shorter, more compact growing version of the old favorite ‘Autumn Joy’. Is less inclined to flop when the extravagant autumn heads get really big and heavy with bloom. Heads open soft pink, and as the autumn nights cool – the heads colour ever more vivid russet red and tan. Tidy gardeners might like to cut back the old flower stems in early winter to promote prolific foliage rosettes for the next season.
– Height with flowers: 40cm approx.
– Width: 30cm approx
– Position: Full Sun, Partial Shade
– Soil: Well Drained, Will tolerate sandy/rocky/dry soils
– Frost: Hardy
– Growth: Herbaceous Perennial
– Attracts: Bees and butterflies
– Deer & Rabbit resistant: