Very desirable dwarf Salvia. Deep, rich violet blue flowers on dumpy, fat spikes. Long blooming with repeats through late spring, summer and autumn. Upright and neat growing Aromatic grey-green foliage forming a dense, low clump. Will tolerate both heat and humidity well, and copes with dry once established. Not fussy and will grow in both acid and lime soils, but does like to be well drained.Nectar eating birds love it. Perfect for garden edges or containers.
– Height with flowers: 20cm approx.
– Width: 20cm approx.
– Height with flowers: 45cm approx.
– Width: 30cm approx.
– Position: Full sun or Partial shade
– Soil: Well drained, very adaptive
– Fragrance: Foliage
– Frost: Hardy
– Growth: Perennial
– Attracts: Birds, Bees and Butterflies
– Care: Low maintenance, Prune after flowering to keep compact
– Deer & Rabbit resistant: Yes! They don’t like the scent, Just like with culinary sage.
– Origin: Central and South America, Eastern Asia, Central Asia and Mediterranean.