Primula denticulata ‘Ronsdorf Hybrid’
Lilac & cream spring drumsticks. Primula denticulata ‘Ronsdorf Hybrid’ has the neatest little clumps of bloom and foliage growing to just 30cm in full bloom. Very happy in well watered pots or containers. They love shade – Deep Shade to a little Dappled Sunlight or early Morning Sun. Shade from any hot sun. A tough shade performer that is also frost hardy.
Primulas are generally pretty low maintenance, you don’t have to spend a lot of energy having to prune and care for it. You just have to water them regularly, keep the soil enriched, and remove dried or dead leaves occasionally. If you live in a dry climate where summer and spring are very hot, mulching might be of benefit because this will maintain moisture in the soil and keep the roots cool.
Growing: Primula denticulata ‘Ronsdorf Hybrid’
– Height with flowers: 20cm approx.
– Width: 20cm approx.
– Position: Deep Shade, Dappled Sunlight.
– Soil: Preferably dry to medium moisture but well drained soil. However they aren’t too fussy.
– Fragrance: Scented blooms.
– Frost: Hardy
– Growth: Herbaceous Perennial.
– Attracts: Bees, butterflies and all sorts of beneficial pollinators.
– Care: Generally low maintenance and easy to grow. Can remove spent flower and foliage to keep a tidy plant and freshen growth but not necessary.
– Deer & Rabbit resistant: Deer and rabbits usually leave them alone as they both do not like the texture.
– Origin: The common primrose is a species of flowering plant in the family Primulaceae, which is native to Western and southern Europe, northwest Africa, also parts of South-west Asia.