Potentilla x tonguei
Likes dry and hot areas
Mass of apricot single blooms with a crimson eye in spring, over a mat of slightly trailing dark green foliage. Its one hardy groundcover. Potentilla x tonguei APRICOT CINQUEFOIL Likes dry and hot areas, and will tolerate poor soils once established. Also happy under partial dry shade. flowers with a crimson eye in spring over a mat of slightly trailing green foliage which turns more red in autumn
Easy Low Care Plant
This stunning plant has won the RHS Award of Garden Merit, in order to win this prize the plant must be a hardy, choice plant for decorating a garden. Plants of such merit also don’t require highly specialist growing conditions or care and not be particularly susceptible to any pest or disease. Which says a lot for this little winner.
Growing: Potentilla x tonguei
– Height with flowers: 30cm approx.
– Width: 50cm approx.
– Position: Full sun or Partial shade
– Soil: Well drained, very adaptive, also tolerates acidic soil.
– Frost: Hardy
– Growth: Perennial
– Attracts: Another pollinator friendly plant.
– Care: Trim back hard after flowering to create fresh new leaves.
– Deer & Rabbit resistant: Not first choice for nibbling pests.
– Origin: Cinquefoils have grown naturally and wild throughout most cool and cold regions of the world,. With most of its species being herbaceous perennials but a few are erect or creeping shrubs.