Potentilla ‘William Rollison’ CINQUEFOIL –
Intense orange-red, double rows of frilly petals creating large discs of flame flowers, each with a yellow eye. Well worth the 2 years of quarantine tests to gain permission to grow it in Australia. A neat compact rosette of evergreen leaves, erupting to sprays of flowers over summer. Looks lovely as a neat edging or underplanting.
– Height with flowers: 40cm approx.
– Width: 30cm approx.
– Position: Full sun or Partial shade
– Soil: Well drained, very adaptive, also tolerates acidic soil.
– Frost: Hardy
– Growth: Perennial
– Attracts: Another pollinator friendly plant.
– Care: Trim back hard after flowering to create fresh new leaves.
– Deer & Rabbit resistant: Not first choice for nibbling pests.
– Origin: Cinquefoils in general have grown naturally and wild throughout most cool and cold regions of the world. With most of its species being herbaceous perennials but a few are erect or creeping shrubs.