Potentilla ‘Pure Scarlet’ CINQUEFOIL –
Fabulous colour. Intense flame red. Double rows of frilly, wavy petals creating large discs of flame flowers, each with a yellow eye. Well worth the 2 years of quarantine tests to gain permission to grow it in Australia. Potentilla ‘Pure Scarlet’ CINQUEFOIL provides a brilliant summer display of large discs of frilly bloom in branching heads.
Evergreen and frost hardy
Neat compact rosette of evergreen leaves and erupting to sprays of flowers to 40cm over summer. Sun or 1/2 shade. Sitting duck easy to grow. Frost hardy and looks lovely as a neat edging or underplanting.
– Height with flowers: 40cm approx.
– Width: 40cm approx.
– Position: Full sun or Partial shade
– Soil: Well drained, very adaptive, also tolerates acidic soil.
– Frost: Hardy
– Growth: Perennial
– Attracts: Another pollinator friendly plant attracting butterflies, bees and other beneficial insects.
– Care: Trim back hard after flowering to create fresh new leaves.
– Deer & Rabbit resistant: Not first choice for nibbling pests.
– Origin: Cinquefoils in general have grown naturally and wild throughout most cool and cold regions of the world. With most of its species being herbaceous perennials but a few are erect or creeping shrubs.