Potentilla nepalensis ‘Roxana’
Sprays of warm peachey-pink single blooms, each with a dark eye surrounded by a deep pink band. Potentilla nepalensis ‘Roxana’ CINQUEFOIL produces a round mound of 45cm. Flower sprays above a neat mound of strawberry like foliage. Long blooming over spring, summer as well as autumn.
Versatile and useful
Potentilla’s are very versatile in a range of landscapes and situations and as a result are a very popular plant. They are tolerant of a wide range of growing conditions. Withstanding drought as well as air pollution, and salt air, this makes it ideal for urban environments and beachfront locations. They are also a great addition to a rock garden or in a container. The flowers are an important food source for butterflies and also other pollinating insects.
Choice companion plant
An excellent choice for planting under roses and shrubbery. Very easy and generally pest and disease free. Enjoys full sun to part shade, in neutral to slightly acid soil that is humus rich and well drained.
Growing: Potentilla nepalensis ‘Roxana’
– Height with flowers: 20cm approx.
– Width: 50cm approx.
– Position: Full sun or Partial shade
– Soil: Preferably rich and well drained but very adaptive and will also tolerate acidic soil.
– Fragrance: –
– Frost: Hardy
– Growth: Perennial
– Attracts: Bees, Butterflies and also other beneficial pollinators.
– Care: Trim back hard after flowering to create fresh new leaves.
– Deer & Rabbit resistant: Not first choice for nibbling pests.
– Origin: The species “Potentilla nepalensis” is native to East Asia and the West Himalayas, from Pakistan to Nepal. Cinquefoils in general have grown naturally and wild throughout most cool and cold regions of the world. With most of its species being herbaceous perennials but a few are erect or creeping shrubs.