Potentilla nepalensis ‘Helen Jane’ CINQUEFOIL –
Delicious colour. Raspberry red singles with deep cherry centres. Sweetly pretty as both the petals and leaves have crinkled edges. Also deliciously long flowering with a succession of round little buds continuing to open all through spring, summer and autumn. Flowers are borne in sprays on arching stems to 40cm. Potentilla nepalensis ‘Helen Jane’ CINQUEFOIL is a neat growing semi-dwarf cultivar that works so well under roses or as a garden edger. Grows happily in a variety of positions from Full Sun to ½ day of Shade or in dappled light. Prefers to be well drained and can cope with dry spells once established. Frost hardy.
– Height with flowers: 40cm approx.
– Width: 40cm approx.
– Position: Full sun or Partial shade
– Soil: Well drained, very adaptive, also tolerates acidic soil.
– Frost: Hardy
– Growth: Perennial
– Attracts: Another pollinator friendly plant.
– Care: Trim back hard after flowering to create fresh new leaves.
– Deer & Rabbit resistant: Not first choice for nibbling pests.
– Origin: The species “Potentilla nepalensis” is native to East Asia and the West Himalayas, from Pakistan to Nepal. Cinquefoils in general have grown naturally and wild throughout most cool and cold regions of the world. With most of its species being herbaceous perennials but a few are erect or creeping shrubs.