Potentilla ‘Etna’ CINQUEFOIL –
Most beautiful deep velvet darkest wine red with tan glow to the velvety depths. Sprays of blooms like single roses 50cm above neat clumps of leaves like a strawberry clump. Potentilla ‘Etna’ CINQUEFOIL repeat flowers through spring, summer and autumn. Sun or 1/2 shade. Perfect for edging or planting between roses as the evergreen foliage clumps are so neat and attractive all year and its such a prolific bloomer. Frost hardy.
– Height with flowers: 50cm approx.
– Width: 40cm approx.
– Position: Full sun or Partial shade
– Soil: Well drained, very adaptive, also tolerates acidic soil.
– Frost: Hardy
– Growth: Perennial
– Attracts: Another pollinator friendly plant.
– Care: Trim back hard after flowering to create fresh new leaves.
– Deer & Rabbit resistant: Not first choice for nibbling pests.
– Origin: Cinquefoils in general have grown naturally and wild throughout most cool and cold regions of the world. With most of its species being herbaceous perennials but a few are erect or creeping shrubs.