Potentilla atrosanguinea ‘Double Scarlet’
Double rows of frilly, wavy petals creating large discs of flame flowers that are a stunning bright red colour. Each complete with a fine yellow eye. The growth produces a neat and compact rosette of evergreen leaves, erupting to sprays of flowers to 40cm over summer. Potentilla ‘Double Scarlet’ CINQUEFOIL enjoys a Sunny or partly shaded spot in the garden. A sitting duck – easy to grow and frost hardy.
Choice companion plant
An excellent choice for planting under roses and shrubbery. Very easy and generally pest and disease free. Enjoys full sun to part shade, in neutral to slightly acid soil that is humus rich and well drained.
Growing: Potentilla atrosanguinea ‘Double Scarlet’
– Height with flowers: 40cm approx.
– Width: 40cm approx.
– Position: Full sun and Partial shade
– Soil: Well drained but very adaptive and also tolerates acidic soil.
– Fragrance: –
– Frost: Hardy.
– Growth: Evergreen Perennial.
– Attracts: Bees and also other beneficial pollinators.
– Care: Easy and low care plant. Trim back hard after flowering, this will create fresh new leaves.
– Deer & Rabbit resistant: Not first choice for nibbling pests.
– Origin: Cinquefoils in general have grown naturally and wild throughout most cool and cold regions of the world. With most of its species being herbaceous perennials but a few are erect or creeping shrubs.