Potentilla atrosanguinea DARK CRIMSON CINQUEFOIL –
The deepest of deep velvet ruby red singles. Great colour. Long blooming through spring, summer and into autumn, with sprays of flowers on 60cm stems. Foliage is pretty, with silvery hairs on jagged edged leaves. Potentilla atrosanguinea DARK CRIMSON CINQUEFOIL Makes a neat clump all year. Grows happily in a variety of positions from Full Sun to ½ day of Shade or in dappled light. Prefers to be well drained and can cope with dry spells once established. Frost hardy. Good “do-er” on poor or stony soils.
– Height with flowers: 60cm approx.
– Width: 60cm approx.
– Position: Full sun,Partial shade or even dappled sunlight.
– Soil: Well drained, very adaptive, also tolerates acidic soil.
– Fragrance: –
– Frost: Hardy
– Growth: Herbaceous Perennial.
– Attracts: Another pollinator friendly plant.
– Care: Trim back hard after flowering to create fresh new leaves.
– Deer & Rabbit resistant: Not first choice for nibbling pests.
– Origin: Native to mountain slopes at lower elevations in the Himalayas. Cinquefoils in general have grown naturally and wild throughout most cool and cold regions of the world,. With most of its species being herbaceous perennials but a few are erect or creeping shrubs.