Potentilla anserina SILK CINQUEFOIL –
Cheerful butter yellow discs of flowers like single roses, 25cm above a carpet of sparkling silver leaves. Spreading groundcover. Ideal for tough spots, but dont let it loose in a good spot unless you want it to take over. Potentilla anserina SILK CINQUEFOIL is lovely in pots or baskets as it drapes down with cascades of silver foliage and egg yolk yellow blooms in summer. Tough and low maintenance. Needs little water. Frost hardy. Hardy in hot and dry spots, poor, sandy or stony soil. Full Sun, but can also cope with 1/2 Shade as long as it is not wet.
– Height with flowers: 25cm approx.
– Width: 40cm approx.
– Position: Full sun or Partial shade
– Soil: Well drained, very adaptive, also tolerates acidic soil.
– Frost: Hardy
– Growth: Perennial
– Attracts: Another pollinator friendly plant.
– Care: Trim back hard after flowering to create fresh new leaves.
– Deer & Rabbit resistant: Not first choice for nibbling pests.
– Origin: Cinquefoils in general have grown naturally and wild throughout most cool and cold regions of the world. With most of its species being herbaceous perennials but a few are erect or creeping shrubs.