Polemonium ssp. caeruleum f. album
A perfumed “Jacob’s Ladder” to scent a shaded garden under trees and shrubs. Pearl like buds open to pure white star like blooms. These sit atop 30cm straight, strong stems and have contrasting, yellow stamens. Polemonium ssp. caeruleum WHITE PEARLS is tough and frost hardy. Grows happily in Shade, Dappled light or Morning Sun and enjoys mulch.
Growing: Polemonium ssp. caeruleum f. album
– Height with flowers: 30cm approx.
– Width: 20cm approx.
– Position: Partial Shade, Woodland or Deep Shade.
– Soil: Well Drained but will tolerate a range of soil conditions.
– Fragrance: Perfumed flowers.
– Frost: Hardy.
– Growth: Perennial.
– Attracts: Bees, Butterflies and other beneficial pollinators. Also, funnily enough cats are also attracted to the perfume of this plant, in-particular younger plants blooms.
– Deer & Rabbit resistant:
– Origin: Native to temperate areas of Europe and Asia. Where it thrives in woodlands, wet meadows/grasslands but also in rocky areas.