Phlomis purpurea subsp. almeriensis
Easy growing and a real unique beauty; one of the most beautiful pink-flowering Phlomis available. The foliage is grey-white and covers the stems from top to bottom.
Produces long blooming, stunning pink flowers throughout Spring and into Summer.
Phlomis purpurea subsp. almeriensis is drought tolerant when established.
Growing: Phlomis purpurea subsp. almeriensis
– Height with flowers: 120cm approx.
– Width: 100cm approx.
– Position: Full Sun.
– Soil: Well Drained, sandy/dry soils. It can withstand a range of soil conditions as long as it isn’t consistently wet.
– Frost: Hardy
– Growth: Evergreen shrubby perennial
– Care: Low maintenance, easy care shrub.
Cut spent flower stems and prune to maintain desired shape but not essential.
– Deer & Rabbit resistant: Generally left alone by these pests.
– Origin: Thrives in arid parts of the south-eastern corner of Spain and Portugal.