Penstemon ‘Yvonne’ BEARDTONGUE –
Spectacular Flowers that bloom for many months with ease. Penstemon ‘Yvonne’ BEARDTONGUE likes Sun or Partial Shade and is suited to a multitude of situations.
Hardy no fuss in poor sites
Penstemon ‘Yvonne’ BEARDTONGUE is very suitable for a range of garden conditions, as it enjoys arid soils and shrugs off windy sites.
Similarly it thrives in gardens with sandy, rocky, gravel or poor soil.
Very low maintenance
The only task could possibly be to trim off spent flower stems if you wish, but these usually just disappear away themselves.
It is not particularly plagued by any pests or diseases and is also frost hardy.
– Height with flowers: 75cm approx.
– Width: 50cm approx.
– Position: Full Sun or places where you get sunlight for at least 5 to 7 hours a day.
– Soil: Well drained yet moist soil.
– Fragrance: None but the showy blooms make up for that.
– Frost: Hardy.
– Growth: Perennial.
– Attracts:Birds, bees and also other beneficial pollinators.
– Care: Cut back spent flower heads to encourage fresh, repeat flowering. Additionally cut back hard after flowering has finished.
– Deer & Rabbit resistant: Known to be a good deer and rabbit resistant plant as these nibbling pests don’t find Penstemon very interesting, because of its hairy texture.
– Origin: Native to North America.