Penstemon procerus var. procerus
Gorgeous colour. Bright luminous blue trumpets with purple throats. Clusters of flowers in heads, and in this variety – there may be several heads per stem. Penstemon procerus var. procerus Slender Beardtongue is a particularly good growing version of the species. 30cm. Once established it prefers conditions on the dry side, and loves to be well drained. Suits stony soils, hates to be waterlogged. Sun to ½ day of Shade or Dappled light. Tolerates heat, and positively thrives in cold. Very frost hardy.
Growing: Penstemon procerus var. procerus
– Height with flowers: 60cm approx.
– Width: 45cm approx.
– Position: Full Sun or places where you get sunlight for at least 5 to 7 hours a day.
– Soil: Well drained and moist soil.
– Fragrance: –
– Frost: Hardy.
– Growth: Perennial.
– Attracts: Bees and Birds.
– Care: Cut back spent Penstemon procerus var. procerus BEARDTOUNGUE flower heads to encourage fresh, repeat flowering.
– Deer & Rabbit resistant: Usually not first choice for these pests.
– Origin: Native to North America.