Papaver orientale ‘Brilliant’
Huge vivid scarlet red ‘satiny’ blooms, with a black heart, in late spring. Papaver orientale ‘Brilliant’ ORIENTAL POPPY is a good border plant, as well as an eye catching cut flower, this perennial poppy grows to about 75cm in height. These plants provide a long lived spectacle year after year while while being undemanding.
Dry & frost hardy
It is a great water savings option because it requires very little water especially once established.
Tough, reliable performer
An ideal plant for hot spots and rock gardens. Oriental poppies grow a mound of leaves that are hairy and finely dissected in spring. It can also be grown in a container or as a perennial pot plant.
Growing: Papaver orientale ‘Brilliant’
– Height with flowers: 75cm approx.
– Width: 40cm approx.
– Position: Full sun, can tolerate Partial shade.
– Soil: Ideally a well drained spot, it is very adaptive and tolerant of dry conditions. But it won’t grow in wet, boggy earth.
– Fragrance: Scented flowers.
– Frost: Hardy.
– Growth: Herbaceous Perennial.
– Attracts: Another pollinator friendly plant, attracting birds, bees and other beneficial insects to the garden.
– Care: Easy and low care. Although should dead head spent flowers regularly because this will promote new fresh blooms and growth.
– Deer & Rabbit resistant: Known to be a good rabbit and deer resistant option.
– Origin: Native to the Caucasus, North-eastern Turkey, and Northern Iran.