Papaver miyabeanum ‘Pacino’
Scented, delicate lemon yellow flowers with paper thin petals and decorative slightly hairy foliage in summer. An ideal plant for the border and rock garden. This variety enjoys a full sun position and grows to 15cm. It’s blooms provide a good cut flower. Papaver miyabeanum ‘Pacino’ enjoys a full sun position but will also succeed in partial shade.
Dry & frost hardy
Papavers are a great water saving option because they require very little water to get going and next to none once established.
Tough, reliable performer
An ideal plant for hot spots and rock gardens. Oriental poppies grow a mound of leaves that are hairy and finely dissected in spring. It can also be grown in a container or as a perennial pot plant.
Growing: Papaver miyabeanum ‘Pacino’
– Height with flowers: 20cm approx.
– Width: 15cm approx.
– Position: Grows best in Full sun, can also tolerate Partial shade.
– Soil: Will tolerate dry conditions and a range of soils but must be well drained.
– Fragrance: Scented flowers.
– Frost: Hardy
– Growth: Herbaceous Perennial.
– Attracts: Birds, bees as well as other beneficial insects to the garden.
– Care: Easy and low care. Although should dead head spent flowers regularly because this will promote new fresh blooms and growth.
– Deer & Rabbit resistant: Known to be a good rabbit and deer resistant option.
– Origin: Native to subpolar regions of Asia and North America. Also to the mountains of Central Asia and temperate China.