Pachysandra terminalis JAPANESE SPURGE is a low growing evergreen plant that produces a dense groundcover of glossy growth. An added addition of pretty white flowers in late Winter and Spring.
Easy to grow & care for
Once new growth shoots mature, the previous season’s growth disappears. Pachysandra procumbens ALLEGHENY SPURGE is very easy to enjoy without the need to prune or shape as well as not requiring any feed, just a moist but well drained spot in the Shade. Additionally they are Frost hardy and can tolerate some dry shade conditions once established.
Growing: Pachysandra terminalis
– Height with flowers: 20cm.
– Position: Partial Shade as well as Deep Shade.
– Soil: Will tolerate a range of soil conditions but must be well drained. Pachysandra are acid-loving plants and will grow best in the 4.0 – 4.5 region on the PH scale.
– Fragrance: Scented Blooms
– Frost: Hardy
– Growth: Evergreen Perennial
– Attracts: Bees as well as all types of beneficial pollinators.
– Care: Easy to grow and very little maintenance required. Pachysandra aren’t heavy feeders and only require a tidy up of old growth but basically no pruning. However young plants will benefit from an annual feeding in early spring with a slow-release shrub & tree type fertilizer or organic compost addition.
– Deer & Rabbit resistant: Left alone by nibbling pests because they find the growth unpalatable.
– Origin: Native to Japan, Korea and also China. They have also been introduced to eastern North America.