(Also known as: Caucasian Penny Cress)
Delicate white blooms appear in Winter and Spring above a mound of green foliage. Pachyphragma macrophyllum FOREST SNOW is a choice dainty shade lover with a beautiful fragrance. Slowly forming a mat of deep green rounded crinkled foliage. Clusters of pure white flowers. Deep Shade to 1/2 Shade. tough and hardy, dry tolerant.
Growing: Pachyphragma macrophyllum
– Height with flowers: 15cm approx.
– Width: 30cm approx.
– Position: Partial Shade as well as Deep Shade.
– Soil: Will tolerate a range of soil conditions but must be well drained.
– Fragrance: Scented Blooms
– Frost: Hardy
– Growth: Perennial
– Attracts: Bees as well as all types of beneficial pollinators.
– Care: Easy to grow and very little maintenance required. However young plants will benefit from an annual feeding in early spring with a slow-release shrub & tree type fertilizer or organic compost addition.
– Deer & Rabbit resistant: Left alone by nibbling pests because they find the growth unpalatable.
– Origin: Native form Turkey to Iran where it grows in damp deciduous woodlands.