Omphalodes cappadocica ‘Starry Eyes’
Fast-growing, evergreen perennial will quickly form a vivid evergreen carpet with gentian blue blooms. These clusters of starry flowers with white edges and bright blue center stripes appear above low mounds of green foliage in spring; prefers cool shady areas, perfect for a woodland garden setting, and deep shade blooms.
Growing: Omphalodes cappadocica ‘Starry Eyes
– Height with flowers: 25cm approx.
– Width: 25cm approx.
– Position: Partial Shade, Woodland, Dappled Sun, Deep Shade.
– Soil: Humus rich, well drained. Will tolerate dry soil conditions.
– Fragrance: –
– Frost: Hardy.
– Growth: Evergreen Perennial.
– Attracts: Bees, Butterflies and other beneficial pollinators.
– Care: Cut stems off when flowers are spent, Can be treated as a herbaceous perennial and cut back to ground level.
– Deer & Rabbit resistant: It is of little or no interest to deer, rabbits and other pests.
– Origin: Native to Asia Minor.