SATURN MOP TOP HYDRANGEA
Deep pink, white edges. Mop top heads.
Hardy shrub. 1.2m. ½ to Full Shade
FLOWERS IN SHADE
– Height with flowers: 120cm approx.
– Width: 100cm approx.
– Position: Deep Shade, Partial Shade, Woodland, Dappled Sun.
– Soil: Humus rich, moist but well drained soil is best. Hydrangeas are known to change colour (not so much the white ones) based on the pH level of their soil.
– Fragrant: –
– Frost: Hardy
– Growth: Perennial Shrub.
– Attracts: Butterflies and Bees.
– Deer & Rabbit resistant: They prefer other plants more, but when out of other options deer and rabbit might have a nibble.
– Care: Water in late Spring and Summer. Prune in winter, Ensure that you don’t prune any stems that have not produced any flower buds as these will provide you with flowers for next season.
– Origin: Native to Japan, This species has naturalised in parts of Asia and America.