Hydrangea quercifolia ‘PEE WEE
PEE WEE DWARF OAK LEAF HYDRANGEA
Cones white blooms. Frost hardy. 1m. Sun or Shade.
MOST HEAT HARDY
– Height with flowers: 100cm approx.
– Width: 90cm approx.
– Position: Deep Shade, Partial Shade, Woodland, Dappled Sun, Full Sun.
– Soil: Humus rich, moist but well drained soil is best. Hydrangeas are known to change colour (not so much the white ones) based on the pH level of their soil.
– Fragrant: –
– Frost: Hardy
– Growth: Perennial Shrub.
– Attracts: Butterflies and Bees.
– Deer & Rabbit resistant: They prefer other plants more, but when out of other options deer and rabbit might have a nibble.
– Care: Water in late Spring and Summer. Prune in winter, Ensure that you don’t prune any stems that have not produced any flower buds as these will provide you with flowers for next season.
– Origin: Native to Japan, This species has naturalised in parts of Asia and America.