Hydrangea macrophylla ‘Nikko Blue’
NIKKO BLUE MOP TOP HYDRANGEA
Rich blue Moptops. Frost hardy shrub. 1.2m Deep-1/2 Shade
FLOWERS IN SHADE
– Height with flowers: 120cm approx.
– Width: 100cm approx.
– Position: Full Sun, Partial Shade, Woodland, Dappled Sun.
– Soil: Humus rich, moist but well drained soil is best. Hydrangeas are known to change color (not so much the white ones) based on the pH level of their soil.
– Fragrant: –
– Frost: Hardy
– Growth: Perennial Shrub.
– Attracts: Butterflies and Bees.
– Deer & Rabbit resistant: They prefer other plants more, but when out of other options deer and rabbit might have a nibble.
– Care: Water in late Spring and Summer. Prune in winter, Ensure that you don’t prune any stems that have not produced any flower buds as these will provide you with flowers for next season.
– Origin: Native to Japan, This species has naturalized in China, New Zealand and parts of America.