Heuchera ‘Glitter’ –
Masses of fabulous pink flowers and prominent black veins over bright silver foliage. Heuchera ‘Glitter’, as with many Heuchera cultivars, is a fantastic contrast plant and makes a statement weather it be mass planted or in a pot on the balcony. This beauty introduced by Janet Egger received the Royal Horticultural Society Award of Garden Merit in 2018.
– Height with flowers: 45cm approx.
– Width: 40cm approx.
– Position: Preferably Dappled Sunlight through trees and shrubs but will tolerate more Sun exposure in cooler regions.
– Soil: Well drained yet moist but will tolerate a range of soil conditions.
– Fragrance: No fragrance, however it’s lush colourful foliage show makes up for this.
– Frost: Hardy
– Growth: Perennial
– Attracts: Native bees and also other beneficial pollinators are attracted it’s tiny blooms.
– Care: Easy to grow plant as well as low maintenance. A tidy up of old dead leaves and flower stems is all that is really needed. However every couple of years it is ideal to divide the plant. Additionally you can just bury the whole plant deeper in the spot it is already growing and it will sprout roots higher up its stems.
– Deer & Rabbit resistant: Not first choice for these pests but unfortunately nibbling pests might give them a nibble when there is nothing else available, like in the dead of winter.
– Origin: Native to North America.