Geranium x renardii ‘Fox Whiskers’
Produces blooms of ivory with violet veins in Spring through Summer. Geranium x renardii ‘Fox Whiskers’ will grow to around 30cm and enjoys a position in Full Sun to Partial Shade.
Tough groundcover for tough spots
Ideal for drier, tough spots in the garden, For instance a spot shaded by trees, roses or shrubs.
It will form a carpet of soft green foliage to cover the ground all year round, topped with those beautiful ivory and violet veined blooms over so many months.
Geranium x renardii ‘Fox Whiskers’ won’t fade away if you forget to water, and when happy it will self-sow to fill in any bare spots for you. A very heat and dry tolerant plant once established.
– Height with flowers: 15cm approx.
– Width: 30cm approx.
– Position: Preferably Full sun but will grow just fine in Partial shade.
– Soil: Preferably Rich and Well drained but will enjoy most soils as long as it isn’t frequently wet.
– Fragrance: Scented foliage.
– Frost: Tolerant of light frosts but need protection in harder frosts.
– Growth: Perennial.
– Attracts: Birds, bees and also other beneficial insects to the garden.
– Care: Prefers deep watering and drying out between waters (avoid over-head). Cut back hard after flowering and you get the bonus of a second and sometimes third flush of flowers.
– Deer & Rabbit resistant: Geraniums have a slight scent that smells nice to us but isn’t appetising to deer or rabbits.
– Origin: Native to the Caucasus region between Europe and Asia.