Geranium x oxonianum ‘Walter’s Gift’ –
Blessed with a multitude of flowers – delicious mauve pink, veined with deeper pink lacing – throughout all the warm months. Look most handsome above the blue-green foliage.Geranium x oxonianum ‘Walter’s Gift’ is an excellent, hardy, long blooming groundcover. Dense, weed smothering carpet. Sun or shade.
Tough groundcover for tough spots
Ideal for drier, tough spots in the garden, For instance a spot shaded by trees, roses or shrubs.
Geranium x oxonianum won’t fade away if you forget to water, and when happy it will self-sow to fill in any bare spots for you. A very tolerant plant once established which is also pest a disease resistant.
– Height with flowers: 45cm approx.
– Width: 45cm approx.
– Position: Preferably Full sun but will grow just fine in Partial shade.
– Soil: Well drained, Will enjoy most soils as long as it isn’t frequently wet.
– Fragrance: Scented foliage.
– Frost: Hardy
– Growth: Perennial.
– Attracts: Birds, bees as well as other beneficial insects.
– Care: Prefers deep watering and drying out between waters. A tidy up of over weathered leaves or growth is all that is really needed.
– Deer & Rabbit resistant: Geraniums have a slight scent that smells nice to us but isn’t appetising to deer or rabbits.
– Origin: This hybrid is a cross between Geranium. x oxonianum and Geranium versicolor. It was named for the Essex home where this hybrid was first discovered.