Delightful plant for both flower and foliage, and very useful for shaded gardens. Unlike many flowering plants, ‘Muldoon’ relishes the shade and will bloom merrily for several months in areas shaded with quite full, Deep Shade all day; to areas where Dappled Shade and Morning Sun prevail. A mass of lovely maroon-rose flower discs with white eyes. Blooms branch for months, 60cm. Above a neat mound of chocolate patterned leaves. The evergreen, chocolate splashed foliage clump is a delight all year, and the flowers repeat. Easy low care and will tolerate some dry spells. Rabbit resistant.
– Height with flowers: 60cm approx.
– Width: 40cm approx.
– Position: Full sun, can tolerate Partial shade.
– Soil: Well drained, Will enjoy most soils as long as it isn’t frequently wet.
– Fragrance: Scented foliage.
– Frost: Hardy
– Growth: Perennial.
– Attracts: Another pollinator friendly plant, attracting birds, bees and other beneficial insects to the garden.
– Care: Prefers deep watering and drying out between waters (avoid over-head).
– Deer & Rabbit resistant: Geraniums have a slight scent that smells nice to us but isn’t appetising to deer or rabbits.