Geranium x cantabrigiense ‘Biokova’
Blooms from late summer to mid-autumn with superb light pink, dainty flowers standing over low carpets of glossy green foliage. Sun or Part Shade grows to 20cm high, with a dense, weed suppressing groundcover. Aromatic foliage makes them rabbit resistant. Frost hardy. Hails from the Biokova Mountain Range in Croatia, where David has been munching his way up the Adriatic coast with a group of food and wine lovers. They did manage to also fit in some fabulous scenery, including walk in the Biokova Mountains amongst the flowers, and much else of this fascinating area.
Growing: Geranium x cantabrigiense ‘Biokova’
– Height with flowers: 15cm approx.
– Width: 50cm approx.
– Position: Full sun, can tolerate Partial shade.
– Soil: Well drained, Will enjoy most soils as long as it isn’t frequently wet.
– Fragrance: Scented foliage.
– Frost: Hardy
– Growth: Perennial.
– Attracts: Another pollinator friendly plant, attracting birds, bees and other beneficial insects to the garden.
– Care: Prefers deep watering and drying out between waters (avoid over-head).
– Deer & Rabbit resistant: Geraniums have a slight scent that smells nice to us but isn’t appetising to deer or rabbits.