Geranium sylvaticum ‘Birch Lilac’ –
Clusters of pretty lilac flowers, with white centres are carried on tall stems above a pretty mound of round, divided leaves. Geranium sylvaticum ‘Birch Lilac’ enjoys Sun or Partial Shade and is drought tolerant, but will give better results with mulch and moisture. Grows to 50cm.
– Height with flowers: 20cm approx.
– Width: 50cm approx.
– Position: Full sun, can tolerate Partial shade.
– Soil: Well drained, Will enjoy most soils as long as it isn’t frequently wet.
– Fragrance: Scented foliage.
– Frost: Hardy
– Growth: Perennial.
– Attracts: Another pollinator friendly plant, attracting birds, bees and other beneficial insects to the garden.
– Care: Prefers deep watering and drying out between waters (avoid over-head).
– Deer & Rabbit resistant: Geraniums have a slight scent that smells nice to us but isn’t appetising to deer or rabbits.
– Origin: Native to Europe and northern Turkey.