Pewter purple green leaves with pink-purple flowers in Summer. Geranium ‘Storm’ foliage stays fairly compact & forms a rounded shape to about 40cm. It’s deep colours making it the perfect background for its pretty blooms. Enjoys morning sun. If in a hot area protect from hot afternoon sun. Grows vigorously and thrives in partial shade.
Tough groundcover for tough spots
Ideal for drier, tough spots in the garden, For instance a spot shaded by trees roses or shrubs.
Geranium ‘Storm’ won’t fade away if you forget to water, and when happy it will self-sow to fill in any bare spots for you. A very tolerant plant once established especially because it is also frost hardy as well as pest and disease resistant.
Growing: Geranium ‘Storm’:
– Height with flowers: 15cm approx.
– Width: 40cm approx.
– Position: Preferably Full sun but will grow just fine in Partial shade.
– Soil: Well drained, Will enjoy most soils as long as it isn’t frequently wet.
– Fragrance: Scented foliage.
– Frost: Hardy
– Growth: Perennial.
– Attracts: Another pollinator friendly plant, attracting birds, bees and other beneficial insects to the garden.
– Care: Prefers deep watering and drying out between waters (avoid over-head).
– Deer & Rabbit resistant: Geraniums have a slight scent that smells nice to us but isn’t appetising to deer or rabbits.
– Origin: –