Geranium ‘Rothbury Red’
White blooms flushed pink over a stunning bronze foliage. Geranium ‘Rothbury Red’ producces a hardy Groundcover carpet. that grows to a neat 30cm. An interesting and easy to grow plant, that is also low care once established.
Tough groundcover for tough spots
Ideal for drier, tough spots in the garden, For instance a spot shaded by trees roses or shrubs.
Geranium ‘Rothbury Red’ won’t fade away if you forget to water, and when happy it will self-sow to fill in any bare spots for you. A very tolerant plant once established especially because it is also frost hardy as well as pest and disease resistant.
Growing: Geranium ‘Rothbury Red’
– Height with flowers: 15cm approx.
– Width: 30cm approx.
– Position: Preferably Full sun but will grow just fine in Partial shade.
– Soil: Well drained, Will enjoy most soils as long as it isn’t frequently wet.
– Fragrance: Scented foliage.
– Frost: Hardy
– Growth: Perennial.
– Attracts: Another pollinator friendly plant, attracting birds, bees and other beneficial insects to the garden.
– Care: Prefers deep watering and drying out between waters (avoid over-head).
– Deer & Rabbit resistant: Geraniums have a slight scent that smells nice to us but isn’t appetising to deer or rabbits.
– Origin: A hybrid from UK plant breeder, Cyril Foster.