Geranium phaeum var. phaeum ‘Langthorn’s Blue’
Forms clumps of large, green, lobed leaves and branched stems bearing clusters of light blue, reflexed petalled flowers. Tough and reliable. Excellent in shade to deep shade. Geranium phaeum var. phaeum ‘Langthorns Blue’ Can tolerate dry shade. Attractive foliage feature even when not in flower. Grows to 80cm
Growing: Geranium phaeum var. phaeum ‘Langthorn’s Blue’
– Height with flowers: 60cm approx.
– Width: 35cm approx.
– Position: Full sun, can tolerate Partial shade.
– Soil: Well drained, Will enjoy most soils as long as it isn’t frequently wet.
– Fragrance: Scented foliage.
– Frost: Hardy
– Growth: Perennial.
– Attracts: Another pollinator friendly plant, attracting birds, bees and other beneficial insects to the garden.
– Care: Prefers deep watering and drying out between waters (avoid over-head).
– Deer & Rabbit resistant: Geraniums have a slight scent that smells nice to us but isn’t appetising to deer or rabbits.