Each Lilac pink star flower is borne on its own upright hairy stems. These are held above glossy semi-evergreen foliage. Geranium nodosum FOREST CRANESBILL enjoys a spot in Partial Shade to Deep Shade. Spreads to a neat 30cm. A long blooming and hardy sprawling groundcover.
Tough groundcover for tough spots
Ideal for drier spots in the garden, this tough but attractive plant is an excellent ground cover for difficult conditions. For instance a dryer spot shaded by trees roses or shrubs.
Geranium nodosum FOREST CRANESBILL won’t fade away if you forget to water, and when happy it will self-sow to fill in any bare spots for you. A very tolerant plant once established especially because it is also frost hardy and pest a disease resistant.
– Height with flowers: 30cm approx.
– Width: 40cm approx.
– Position: Preferably Partial Shade but will grow just fine in Deep Shade.
– Soil: Well drained, Will enjoy most soils as long as it isn’t too wet.
– Fragrance: Scented foliage.
– Frost: Hardy
– Growth: Semi-Evergreen Perennial Groundcover.
– Attracts: Birds, bees as well as other beneficial insects.
– Care: Prefers deep watering and drying out between waters. A tidy up of over weathered leaves or growth is all that is really needed.
– Deer & Rabbit resistant: Geraniums have a slight scent that smells nice to us but isn’t appetising to deer or rabbits.
– Origin: Native to Southern Europe. It naturalised in the Alps, Jura, as well as the Pyrenees.