Geranium maderense ‘Guernsey White’ –
Robust biennial producing a stunning huge bouquet made up of 100’s of gorgeous pink eyed white flowers in late spring summer. The deeply cut leaves are dark green and held at the end of red stems the lower stems bending to the ground to provide support to the massive truss of flowers. Geranium maderense ‘Guernsey White’ is easy to grow and enjoys a spot in Sun or Partial Shade. The plant dies after flowering but self seeds prolifically. Protect from hard frost.
Ideal for blocking weeds and carpeting under roses. A very easy to grow plant.
– Height with flowers: 90cm approx.
– Width: 60cm approx.
– Position: Full sun, can also tolerate Partial shade.
– Soil: Preferably Rich and Well drained but will enjoy most soils as long as it isn’t frequently wet.
– Fragrance: Scented foliage.
– Frost: Tolerant of light frosts, protection needed in harder frosts.
– Growth: Perennial but can be treated as an annual.
– Attracts: Another pollinator friendly plant, attracting birds, bees and other beneficial insects to the garden.
– Care: Prefers deep watering and drying out between waters (avoid over-head). Cut back hard after flowering and you get the bonus of a second and sometimes third flush of flowers.
– Deer & Rabbit resistant: Geraniums have a slight scent that smells nice to us but isn’t appetising to deer or rabbits.
– Origin: As the botanical name implies, this geranium is native to the island of Madeira.