Blooms start off White and fade to a pale, soft pink. Resulting in a beautiful contrast against the silver-green foliage carpet. Geranium ‘Icicle’ grows to a neat 20cm and enjoys Sun to Partial Shade
Tough groundcover for tough spots
Ideal for drier, tough spots in the garden, For instance a spot shaded by trees, roses or shrubs.
Geranium ‘Icicle’ won’t fade away if you forget to water, and when happy it will self-sow to fill in any bare spots for you. A very tolerant plant once established which is also pest a disease resistant.
Growing: Geranium ‘Icicle’
– Height with flowers: 20cm approx.
– Width: 35cm approx.
– Position: Preferably Full sun but will grow just fine in Partial shade.
– Soil: Well drained, Will enjoy most soils as long as it isn’t frequently wet.
– Fragrance: Scented foliage.
– Frost: Hardy
– Growth: Perennial.
– Attracts: Another pollinator friendly plant, attracting birds, bees and other beneficial insects to the garden.
– Care: Prefers deep watering and drying out between waters (avoid over-head).
– Deer & Rabbit resistant: Geraniums have a slight scent that smells nice to us but isn’t appetising to deer or rabbits.
– Origin: An Australian chance seedling introduced by Woodbridge Nursery, a garden offspring from Geranium traversii.