Digitalis purpurea ‘Pam’s Choice’ FOXGLOVE –
Elsey Kelsey – Pam’s Choice: One of the Best new foxgloves found in recent years. Elegant, stout, strong spires of heavenly white bells have densely speckled throats of deep burgundy. Digitalis purpurea ‘Pam’s Choice’ Flowering begins in spring and go right through the summer months.
Spectacular shade display
Wonderful tall statement for the back of the border, rarely requires staking. Enjoys full sun to light shade in humus rich well drained soil. Prolong blooming over the warmer months with regular deep watering and mulched beds. Will self seed in cool climates. Plum & cream 90cm
– Height with flowers: 90cm approx.
– Width: 30cm approx.
– Position: Partial Shade, Woodlands, Dappled Light.
– Soil: Rich and well drained, but will tolerate a range of conditions.
– Frost: Hardy.
– Growth: Hardy Biennial or Short Lived Perennial.
– Attracts: Attracts and feeds nectar seeking birds, butterflies and bees.
– Beware: All parts of any foxglove are toxic to humans and other mammals.
– Care: Deadhead central flower spikes after three-fourths of it has faded to encourage more flowers.
– Deer & Rabbit resistant: Toxic; deer and rabbits should be to smart to have a nibble.
– Origin: Europe & North America.