Campanula glomerata ‘Sanswa’
Soft lilac heads rise from this beautiful, medium size Campanula. Most larger Campanula’s require support of some type or else they will flop, however Campanula glomerata ‘Sanswa’ will hold its own. Enjoys a Full Sun to Partial Shade position and is a great dry and frost hardy option perfect for a multitude of situations. The unique, lilac coloured heads provide a great, lasting cut flower.
Growing: Campanula glomerata ‘Sanswa’
– Height with flowers: 60cm approx.
– Width: 40cm approx.
– Position: Full Sun as well as Partial Shade.
– Soil: Best in slightly alkaline, fertile but well-drained soil. However they will tolerate a range of soil conditions especially once established.
– Fragrance: –
– Frost: Hardy
– Growth: Herbaceous Perennial
– Attracts: Bees, birds and also other beneficial pollinators.
– Care: Easy and low maintenance. Apply a slow release fertilizer in early Spring for best growth and flowering. Additionally just a tidy up of old growth and blooms. Cutting back hard after the first flush of flowers are spent, may force campanula into a second period of bud and flower production.
– Deer & Rabbit resistant: Not first choice for these pests but if there isn’t anything else to eat they may have a bite.
– Origin: The species is native to the North Temperate Zone of Eurasia, extending from Britain to Japan. It is also present through most of Europe, except the extreme North, and has also naturalized in North America.