Campanula cochlearifolia ‘Bavaria Blue’
Compact mat 10x30cm
Prolific dark blue bells
Sun to 1/2 Shade
Growing: Campanula cochlearifolia ‘Bavaria Blue’
– Height with flowers: 15cm approx.
– Width: 30cm approx.
– Position: Full Sun as well as Partial Shade.
– Soil: Best in slightly alkaline, fertile but well-drained soil. However they will tolerate a range of soil conditions especially once established.
– Fragrance: –
– Frost: Hardy
– Growth: Herbaceous Perennial
– Attracts: Bees, birds and also other beneficial pollinators.
– Care: Easy and low maintenance. Apply a slow release fertilizer in early Spring for best growth and flowering. Additionally just a tidy up of old growth and blooms. Cutting back hard after the first flush of flowers are spent, may force campanula into a second period of bud and flower production.
– Deer & Rabbit resistant: Not first choice for these pests but if there isn’t anything else to eat they may have a bite.
– Origin: The species is native to the North Temperate Zone of Eurasia, extending from Britain to Japan. It is also present through most of Europe, except the extreme North, and has also naturalized in North America.