Aster spectabilis SHOWY ASTER –
An upright clump forming perennial with narrow oval leaves. Massed lavender-blue daisies are borne at the top of each stem in late summer and Autumn. Plants prosper in hot arid sites with sandy soils and can stand clay.
Massed lavender-blue autumn daisies 60cm.
Hardy easy grower.
STANDS CLAY & DRY
– Height with flowers: 60cm approx.
– Width: 30cm approx.
– Position: Full Sun, Partial Shade.
– Soil: Humus rich, Moist yet well drained. Tolerates clay, dry, and other poor conditions.
– Fragrance: –
– Frost: Hardy.
– Growth: Herbaceous Perennial.
– Attracts: Bees and Butterflies.
– Care: Dead-head spent flowers during flowering period to promote more buds.
– Deer & Rabbit resistant: Somewhat unpalatable to deer and rabbits.
– Origin: Aster spectabilis is native to Eastern USA.