Pink & creamy white spires .
Jagged foliage mottled white .
Deep – ½ Shade. 1m.
– Height with flowers: 50cm approx.
– Width: 40cm approx.
– Position: Sun to partial shade. Perfect for a more sheltered, yet sunny spot.
– Soil: Well Drained, Deals with a range of soil types from arid, sandy earth to moist and rich.
– Fragrant: None.
– Frost: Hardy.
– Growth: Perennial.
– Attracts: Bees, Butterflies, Nector seeking birds and other beneficial pollinators.
– Deer & Rabbit resistant: Both Deer and rabbit prefer other plants, Acanthus is quite tolerant to pests.
– Care: Dead head spent flower stems and cut off damaged leaves and new growth will start again in late winter or early spring.
– Origin: Native to the Mediterranean region from Portugal and northwest Africa east to Croatia.